cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Unable to start Thingworx 8.3 after installation

avbee
4-Participant

Unable to start Thingworx 8.3 after installation

Hi,

I manage to get through all the steps in this guideline to install Thingworx PostgreSQL but cannot start it. 

I use :

sudo service tomcat8.5 start

It returns:

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/share/tomcat8.5/8.5.23
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/share/tomcat8.5/8.5.23
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/share/tomcat8.5/8.5.23/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr
Using CLASSPATH:       /usr/share/tomcat8.5/8.5.23/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/share/tomcat8.5/8.5.23/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Tomcat started.

And i check the port though fuser and top  no service was running or listen to port 8080 ( the port i use in platform-settings.json ). Also i tried to access http://ip:8080, returns nothing. No tomcat was running. (If its run, it will return something e.g 401.

Output for catalina.out:

Error: Could not find or load main class usr.share.tomcat8.5.8.5.23.webapps.Thingworx.WEB-INF.
Error: Could not find or load main class usr.share.tomcat8.5.8.5.23.webapps.Thingworx.WEB-INF.

FYI,environment setup:

Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
Release:	14.04
Codename:	trusty

java version "1.8.0_131"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_131-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)
psql (PostgreSQL) 9.5.13

Server version: Apache Tomcat/8.5.23
Server built:   Sep 28 2017 10:30:11 UTC
Server number:  8.5.23.0
OS Name:        Linux
OS Version:     3.13.0-153-generic
Architecture:   amd64
JVM Version:    1.8.0_131-b11
JVM Vendor:     Oracle Corporation

Any suggestion how to solve the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avbee
4-Participant
(To:avbee)

It solved.
I manage to solve by copying all the thing from the website. TYjhe problem is because /etc/systemd/system/tomcat8.5 service is in different format (indentation and such) when i copy it from doc. and webpage.

Thank you

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
avbee
4-Participant
(To:avbee)

It solved.
I manage to solve by copying all the thing from the website. TYjhe problem is because /etc/systemd/system/tomcat8.5 service is in different format (indentation and such) when i copy it from doc. and webpage.

Thank you

Top Tags