cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Unknown error occurred. Contact the administrator if this re-occurs.

aziliotto
4-Participant

Unknown error occurred. Contact the administrator if this re-occurs.

Hi i have this system error when trying to retrieve data from datatable or datastream:

com.thingworx.common.exceptions.DataAccessException: [2.006] Unknown error occurred. Contact the administrator if this re-occurs.

twerr.jpg

The problem is this error occurred also when navigate system menu for search things and other things.

Server spec: Dual core 2.39ghz 8gb RAM windows server 2012 r2 , THINGWORX 7.1.3 with postgressql. I noticed the cpu of my server is most of the time 99 %.

At the beginning i think it was because i used a DataTable for storage large amout of data so i changed to datastream but the datatable still exist but i don't read and write data from that datatable. Should i delete this big datatable (containing about 130k rows)? I think it is a postgres issue, can i reindex all thingworx database ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:aziliotto)

Alberto, data in PostgreSQL is indexed automatically. The error above kind of looks more like permission issue (i'm not 100% on this though), are you logged in as admin user when you get this particular error?

Since you have mentioned CPU is 99% most of the time, how many cores do you have on that machine? Is that a VM? Did you check which process is utilizing that much CPU? You might also want to check the catalina.out and the application log for ThingWorx for more detail on this.

aziliotto
4-Participant
(To:supandey)

Yes i am logged in as administrator i'm working with this user since 6 monhts so i don't think is permission issue.

I installed postgres and thingworx on the same Virtual Machine in a server with 2 virtual cores. Now i restarted the VM and seems to be ok but i did it some days ago so i think in a few days i will have the same issue. The process was postgressql

supandey
19-Tanzanite

I would still recommend to check for more detail in the log, but if you feel its more related to the sizing of the platform you can try to reconfigure the underlying platform using this sizing guide : http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/172249/en/ThingWorx_Core_7.x_Sizing_Guide.pdf

May be distribute the architecture by setting up PostgreSQL on a different VM then your ThingWorx server VM, if you can't increase the resources for current platform?

aziliotto
4-Participant

I watched the document some days ago and it was very useful because i noticed minimum core numbers is 8 for a "small server" and ram 16 gb maybe too much for my shared server :-) so i hope is for that, i watched in catalina log and other log inside tomcat/log and i can not see anything else than the error i wrote you before.

Top Tags