cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Updating mashups that use custom extensions

ML_10785471
4-Participant

Updating mashups that use custom extensions

Hello,

We are working on a project using Thingworx 8.5.3. 

We have several UX widgets that were built for us as custom extensions. We import these extensions using the "Import" dialog. The extensions have been packaged a .zip files.

The app runs fine in its current form and all the extensions work.

However, we are unable to edit the app in the Thingworx Composer:

- When we open the mashup, all the custom widgets are not visible in the mashup editor

- When we save the mashup and export it as XML, we can see that the XML code for the custom widgets is actually removed

- We don't see any errors in the logs in the "Monitoring" section

Separately from this, I don't see a place where the imported widgets can be viewed in Thingworx composer the same way that we can view Mashups, Mashup Master, etc.

I have the following questions:

1. Is there something that we need to do to make the custom widgets appear? Could it be a configuration?

2. Is there a place to view the custom widgets in Thingworx composer?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ML_10785471
4-Participant
(To:Rocko)

So we figured out that one of the widgets had a code change that renders fine in Thingworx, but somehow breaks the Thingworx Composer dev tooling. We were able to get unblocked for now by reverting to the older version of the widget.

Thank you for the help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:ML_10785471)

Widgets are primarily visible in Mashup Editor. Make sure the filter is not set to "Standard" but to "All".

Probably the import of the widgets didn't work as intended, which is why the widget are not available and therefore are removed obn saving a mashup.

Try to import the widget extension again. Then, in Manage->Extensions select the imported package. In Package Details you should see at least one entry of type Widget.

Also, check the log files after importing.

ML_10785471
4-Participant

Hello,

Unfortunately, that did not help.

I see that the extensions are importing and the extensions are of type Widget.

When I first open the mashup, the custom widgets appear correctly in the Preview.

The widgets get removed when I edit the mashup and I don't see anything suspicious in the logs.

Once I am in the editor, I also do not see the custom widgets even when I set the filter to "All".

A coworker said there was quick fix that someone showed them a few years ago, but they don't recall what it was. I was thinking it must be a configuration. My guess was an option telling Thingworx to not removed unrecognized widgets, but I did not see anything like that.

Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:ML_10785471)

Try clearing the browser cache as stated in CS349152, also check the logs a) on import b) on opening the mashup editor.

I'd recommend creating a fresh new test mashup to rule out this is because the mashup maybe wasn't properly migrated.

ML_10785471
4-Participant

So we figured out that one of the widgets had a code change that renders fine in Thingworx, but somehow breaks the Thingworx Composer dev tooling. We were able to get unblocked for now by reverting to the older version of the widget.

Thank you for the help.

Hi @ML_10785471 , 

If this resolves the issue, pls accept the solution for the benefit of other community members.

Have a good day ahead!

Regards

Bhawna

Top Tags