cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Upgrade Thingworx Foundation 8.5 Trial Version to Paid Version

alfinip1996
6-Contributor

Upgrade Thingworx Foundation 8.5 Trial Version to Paid Version

Hello Everyone,

I want to upgrade my Thingworx Foundation 8.5 Trial Version into Paid Version. So, I have the  new *.bin file PTC Support that I've been download  from the PTC Support website by retrieve the license before, based on my Trial Device ID in License Subsystem of Thingworx Foundation Trial Version. (According to this guide how I can get the Device ID CS316018 - How to find the Device ID for ThingWorx Navigate when Composer will not start because of expired license)

In order to activate my license and replace the *.bin file. I've been follow this guide in https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS264374 But, It's still not work. And, the Thingworx Composer is just interrupted, So I can't access the localhost. because the Apace Tomcat Thingworx Foundation service is stopped.

Does my license is valid, isn't it? Can anybody help?

Thank you very much!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tdixit
13-Aquamarine
(To:alfinip1996)

Hi @alfinip1996 

Thank you for reaching out to PTC.

If I understand correct , after following the article you were able to find the device Id present at location <ThingWorxFoundation>/foundation_report.json file and then you are able to generate the new license file also from PTC license management portal based on the device id

So, now in order to apply this license in your ThingWorx instance. Please follow this article 

Please try this and let us know in case of any issue and we will happy to help you.

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tdixit
13-Aquamarine
(To:alfinip1996)

Hi @alfinip1996 

Thank you for reaching out to PTC.

If I understand correct , after following the article you were able to find the device Id present at location <ThingWorxFoundation>/foundation_report.json file and then you are able to generate the new license file also from PTC license management portal based on the device id

So, now in order to apply this license in your ThingWorx instance. Please follow this article 

Please try this and let us know in case of any issue and we will happy to help you.

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

alfinip1996
6-Contributor
(To:tdixit)

Hello Toolika Dixit!!!

Thank you for your response and solution. So, it works  in my server for now

Top Tags