cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

User visibility

lwei
1-Newbie

User visibility

Hi, developers!

I have confront a problem.

I created a organization and a user for it.

But After logging in the organization, I can't see my background, my style definitions, only the widget's title.

I have already set the visibility and the home mashup.

Here is a awkward thing, after I add the user to the Administrators, it worked.

I need some help, thank you!!

Lee

11 REPLIES 11
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:lwei)

Lee, try giving visibility permissions to the Platform Subsystem for that Organization.

lwei
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Hi, Aanjan. I've tried your way to fix it.

The mashup has showed some of the style definition, but some can't.

And I have a question that the widgets in the mashup are no appearing,

it only show the text, ex: button, mashup link, something like that.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Lee, you would need to give permissions on Style Definitions as well. Try clicking on the Show/Hide Log button when you view your Mashup. That would display errors pointing us to where exactly the permissions are missing; and what service is failing.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Also I recommend checking the applications log for information on errors

thanks... after struggling so long, this fixes my issue as well.

Regards,

Abhishek Kumar

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Besides what Aanjan recommends, there are also two services in the platform subsystem the user needs to be able to run, something along the lines of: GetDefaultStyleDefinitions and GetStateDefinitions?

adrianpet
5-Regular Member

In order to see the any entity on Thingworx with an user, you will need to grant that user the Visibility Permission. Also, in order to see that entity in the view mashup, you will need to grant the Run Time Permission. For example, in order to view and use a style definition in a mashup you will need to grant Visibility and Run Time.

lwei
1-Newbie

Hi, everyone!

I've tried all of your suggestions.

1. Set the style definitions' permission.

(When I use Administrator to view the mashup, the mashup shows correctly.

But if I use a user to login to the organization, the mashup still can't show entities)

2. I've saw the Application log, it appears a lot of "xxxx Entities not found"

But the akward thing is that I 've already set the visibility and permission's to all entities.

adrianpet
5-Regular Member

Hi,

Can you put here the application log, so I can see it?

Thank you,

Adrian

Aanjan
9-Granite

Lee, click on the Show/Hide Log button at the top when you view as a user (if you don't see the button, press ctrl+alt+F9) and post the log messages you see there.

Thanks for this post.  I had a similar issue which was resolved by setting Visibility to the appropriate organization in the Platform Subsystem.

Top Tags