cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Using an event to trigger a service

AndySow
6-Contributor

Using an event to trigger a service

I am looking to transfer property values from one thing to another thing at a defined time interval, say every 10 seconds using a service. Is there a way I can use an event to trigger this service every 10 seconds.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:AndySow)

What is the use case?

For example, if it is one - one then I would use local bindings and it automatically does it any time the value changes.

You can also use the DataChange event, that means that each time the value changes the event fires, and then you can use a Subscription to write over the value.

Finally what you are asking for can be done with a Timer, you set up a timer for your interval and then you create a subscription to the timer event and add the code to transfer the value.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:AndySow)

What is the use case?

For example, if it is one - one then I would use local bindings and it automatically does it any time the value changes.

You can also use the DataChange event, that means that each time the value changes the event fires, and then you can use a Subscription to write over the value.

Finally what you are asking for can be done with a Timer, you set up a timer for your interval and then you create a subscription to the timer event and add the code to transfer the value.

Top Tags