cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Validating Grid Value

MS7
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member

Validating Grid Value

I have a table where i need to validate strings. I am trying it with state definition but it is checking with the whole string and not considering the sub string. So, is there a way to validate string values using sub string in a grid.

Attaching an image of required output:

3 REPLIES 3
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:MS7)

You'd have to write a custom service for validation and then use the expression widget.

MS7
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member
(To:posipova)

Can you please elaborate a bit about what details shall be given in service and I am trying to provide expression under configure grid columns -> editable table but it is not validating it, where can I provide different colours to each cell?? Also I tried binding Expression widget to the grid widget but no proper option was available for binding.
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:MS7)

To my understanding, you'd like to validate only part of the string, correct? And then based on the validation result, change the color of the cell?

You may read the bottom part of this document in the helpcenter about data driven state definitions:

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FVisualization%2FStyleandStateDefinitions.html

Top Tags