cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Validator keeps triggering service even though trigger is not true

Willie
16-Pearl

Validator keeps triggering service even though trigger is not true

Please see the attached.

Not sure why the "CustomerExists" validator keeps triggering the "EditCustomerThing" service.  This service gets triggered regardless of whether the output is true or false.  It is only supposed to trigger when the output is false.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Willie
16-Pearl
(To:zyuan1)

"1. your input for expression is odd, since it still appears to be a String type instead of Boolean type."

Thank you for pointing that out.  After I deleted the input in my validator and set up the same input, it correctly displayed as boolean in the bottom binding window and my validator started working as it should.  I've been having issues with the validator since I upgraded to thingworx 8.4.1.  Sometimes I can't see the changes I make in the validator until I save, log out, and log back in to the composer.  This time, it did not save correctly.  It seems the validator feature is buggy.

"2. please check your logic again, and don't use default value for input in the testing"

My logic is fine.  I used default value since it kept triggering false even though the logic was correct.  My setup works either way after I fixed #1.

Validator Issue Solved - 2019-06-19.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

True or False with flash icon is the result of the expression, your False event will be triggered only if the expression is wrong, i.e. your input is not a True Boolean value.

So

1. your input for expression is odd, since it still appears to be a String type instead of Boolean type.image.png

2. please check your logic again, and don't use default value for input in the testing

Willie
16-Pearl
(To:zyuan1)

"1. your input for expression is odd, since it still appears to be a String type instead of Boolean type."

Thank you for pointing that out.  After I deleted the input in my validator and set up the same input, it correctly displayed as boolean in the bottom binding window and my validator started working as it should.  I've been having issues with the validator since I upgraded to thingworx 8.4.1.  Sometimes I can't see the changes I make in the validator until I save, log out, and log back in to the composer.  This time, it did not save correctly.  It seems the validator feature is buggy.

"2. please check your logic again, and don't use default value for input in the testing"

My logic is fine.  I used default value since it kept triggering false even though the logic was correct.  My setup works either way after I fixed #1.

Validator Issue Solved - 2019-06-19.png

Top Tags