cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Values in quick client not updating

DB_8750597
1-Newbie

Values in quick client not updating

I am running demo version of KepwareEX and communicating Modbus to a device. IP addresses are on same subnet and can ping the device. However, when running quick client the update count stays at one for all tags? Even the ones form statistics and system tags do not update? The quality is good on all tags but none of them are updating. Any ideas?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok got it figured out finally. I was off by one in my addressing and also had to change setup on zero addressing for Modbus to make it work. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@DB_8750597 ,

Few things to consider:

1. What is your scan rate and how is the client respecting that (tag-specified or otherwise)?

2. Can you see values updating on the PLC? 

3. Any errors in the logs?

-Nick

1. Values I have set to default to update once per second. 

2. No values updating in Quick Client or PLC.

3. Error log is attached. No errors. 

@DB_8750597 ,

If values are not updating in the PLC, then they will not update in Quick Client either.  Are these read/write properties that you're trying to write to or are you just trying to read them from the PLC?

-Nick

Just read them from the plc. I was expecting at a minimum that the statistics would update for messages sent, errors, etc. when connected to my devices. But the update count stays at 1 and values all read zero?

DB_8750597_0-1664977920214.png

I should of stated values are updating in the plc. They are not being updated in QC. 

Ok got it figured out finally. I was off by one in my addressing and also had to change setup on zero addressing for Modbus to make it work. 

Announcements

Top Tags