cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

WSCommunicationsSubsystem: Could not dispatch async service request [NotifyPropertyUpdate] : null

htran-21
15-Moonstone

WSCommunicationsSubsystem: Could not dispatch async service request [NotifyPropertyUpdate] : null

Hi,

There are many errors during the ThingworxServer starting

2019-11-28 03:14:59.497-0600 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.s.s.w.WSCommunicationsSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: WsCommunication-9] Could not dispatch async service request [NotifyPropertyUpdate] : null
2019-11-28 03:14:59.506-0600 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.s.s.w.WSCommunicationsSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: WsCommunication-6] Could not dispatch async service request [NotifyPropertyUpdate] : null
2019-11-28 03:14:59.513-0600 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.s.s.w.WSCommunicationsSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: WsCommunication-4] Could not dispatch async service request [NotifyPropertyUpdate] : null
2019-11-28 03:14:59.514-0600 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.s.s.w.WSCommunicationsSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: WsCommunication-3] Could not dispatch async service request [NotifyPropertyUpdate] : null
2019-11-28 03:14:59.514-0600 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.s.s.w.WSCommunicationsSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: WsCommunication-8] Could not dispatch async service request [NotifyPropertyUpdate] : null
2019-11-28 03:14:59.549-0600 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.s.s.w.WSCommunicationsSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: WsCommunication-3] Could not dispatch async service request [NotifyPropertyUpdate] : null
2019-11-28 03:14:59.552-0600 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.s.s.w.WSCommunicationsSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: WsCommunication-1] Could not dispatch async service request [NotifyPropertyUpdate] : null
2019-11-28 03:14:59.553-0600 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.s.s.w.WSCommunicationsSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: WsCommunication-9] Could not dispatch async service request [NotifyPropertyUpdate] : null

I wonder what is that warning and how i can get rid of them.

My Bests,

Hung Tran

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

Seems that NotifyPropertyUpdate service is being called in your implementation and is not returning any result or has insufficient access rights.

However, these warnings need to be put in context.

Please provide more info on this:

- when these warning show? when you run a remote service?

-version of Thingworx

-set Application.log to Trace level and reproduce this again. After warning is reproduced you can stop Trace and set again Application log level to INFO/WARNING. Please attach log here for analysis.

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

htran-21
15-Moonstone
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi Raluca Edu,

I am pretty sure that we don't have any code to invoke the NotifyPropertyUpdate service, it happens when ThingworxServer is starting. Thingworx version is 7.4.0. 

Please check in Thingworx source code when such error message is logged and find out reasons, thanks!

My Bests,

Hung Tran

Hi, Any property updates on the Platform will trigger a notifyPropertyUpdate message to the Edge, that's why this service is executed. The warning is showing into the log as the result of notifyPropertyUpdate service is null. However, this should be put in your context, and logs should be investigated. Source code is not helping here as it is dependent on variables and parameters taken from every environment. If you can, please attach logs to look into the issue. Thank you, Raluca Edu
htran-21
15-Moonstone
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi Raluca Edu,

There are GB logs, I don't think that would help. My assumption is that the NotifyPropertyUpdate service is  executed asynchronously, and at some moment, the WSCommunicationsSubsystem was unable to acquire a thread to perform an asynchronous execution, and it would throw such error message. It is a design bug.

My Bests,

Hung Tran

Hi Hung Tran,

What kind of AlwaysOn agent are you using on the edge ?

How many are reconnecting when you restart the platform ?

Thanks

htran-21
15-Moonstone
(To:smainente)

Hi smainente,

AlwaysOn agent? Do you mean the version of WSEMS? it is 5.3.2.1693

There were about 6k re-established connections

My Bests,

Hung Tran

Top Tags