cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Want to name a empty string or a single space as a lable in a grid column

KT_10107318
6-Contributor

Want to name a empty string or a single space as a lable in a grid column

Hi all,

I have a requirement that i need to name a column in a infotable as a blank space. I could not able to add a space in it . It throws a error in the grid. Is there any possible way to do that ?

7 REPLIES 7
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:KT_10107318)

I have found two possibilities:

1. Use a Localization token as title. You can create one with a " " (space) as a value and choose this one as Title

nmutter_1-1669916027177.png

2. Export the Mashup to .xml and set the title to " " and import the .xml again. If you edit the configuration again via mashup builder it will remove the space again 

nmutter_0-1669915898107.png

I assume the 1st one would be the "best" one.

KT_10107318
6-Contributor
(To:nmutter)

Yes 1st way works fine but if we export the localization table and import the table in other servers  the token value is changed to undefined instead of blank space ' '. It spoils the grid functionalities.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

ah **bleep** Would need to create the token in the instance than manualy? or via a service maybe? But yeah.. all workarounds. I do not like it. I did not find a other way. Maybe just use a "." or so as title. 

Other idea: Not sure if via customCSS you could change visibility of a specific column?

KT_10107318
6-Contributor
(To:nmutter)

Yes , i have written a service to update the value but i was a work around . Need a proper fix so that we don't need to execute a service in future

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

Try using '­' (there is a character in between the '') as title. Looks fine for me. Also export/import worked.

https://invisible-characters.com/ the character "U+00AD SOFT HYPHEN".

jensc
17-Peridot

You might be able to do this using the grid configuration JSON, but it is a lot of work.

{
        "targets":             target,
        "fieldName":           fieldName,
        "title":               '',
        "width":               width,
        "autoWidth":           false,
        "overflow":            "ellipsis",
        "headerTextAlignment": "center",
        "textAlignment":       "center",
      }

Something like this for your column definitions.

Best regards,

KT_10107318
6-Contributor
(To:jensc)

Plenty of work🥺. We are having many columns in the grid and lots of state formating in the grid columns

Top Tags