cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

What are all the supported options for Multilingual solutions enablement

sabharees
13-Aquamarine

What are all the supported options for Multilingual solutions enablement

What are all the best ways to implement multilingual solution other than localization table. 

For example, The entire solution should be translated based on the user's preferred language including the contents in the grid,charts,labels, etc... 

The user can select either German, Polish and English.

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:sabharees)

I would say that localization tables and tokens is the way to go.

That at least will take care of any labels and grid headers

As far as actual data content goes, it would be much harder, not sure if you will have standard content or not, but if the values are 'standard' then you could again create tokens and programmatically swap that.

Beyond that probably some paid for service to a translation api

something else that came to mind, I do remember at one time, not sure if it is still possible, google allowed you to render web pages in different languages or at least translate the content

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/173424?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop 

sabharees
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

Hi @PaiChung ,

Thanks for the fast response. In our case, we will not be using standard phrases or words so localization tables are not a good fit for the contents inside of the grid.

Can we create this add-google-translate-button-webpage as a widget so the user can select the preferred language to change? 

Is this will work? Please correct me If I'm wrong. 

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:sabharees)

That looks like it would work. I've never tried using it.

Top Tags