cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

What is snippet. somebody help me

JackEom
14-Alexandrite

What is snippet. somebody help me

Hi experts , I'm beginner about thingworx.

I'm Korean so I am poor at English.

I want to know snippets.

I don't wonder definition of snippet. How it is used and What do I use it for thing? 

I hope a simple exercise.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello! A "snippet" in English generally refers to a short, quotable section of text. It's become used in the digital world to mean that you cut a little useful bit of video, text, or code from something larger. Hopefully that general description helps give you some context.

In ThingWorx, a "snippet" is a small bit of reuseable code that you can use to build a service. ThingWorx provides many of these useful bits of code (snippets) that can be combined together to accomplish tasks for your Things.

This Guide might be helpful for you to see how snippets can be used: https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/application-development-tools-tips-tricks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello! A "snippet" in English generally refers to a short, quotable section of text. It's become used in the digital world to mean that you cut a little useful bit of video, text, or code from something larger. Hopefully that general description helps give you some context.

In ThingWorx, a "snippet" is a small bit of reuseable code that you can use to build a service. ThingWorx provides many of these useful bits of code (snippets) that can be combined together to accomplish tasks for your Things.

This Guide might be helpful for you to see how snippets can be used: https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/application-development-tools-tips-tricks

JackEom
14-Alexandrite
(To:eliotlandrum)

oh thank you! I'll practice with the guide

JackEom
14-Alexandrite
(To:eliotlandrum)

thank you! I'll practice well the guide

ague
12-Amethyst
(To:JackEom)

(in Thingworx) A 'Snippet' is just sample code that PTC has already written for you. If there are any input parameters for the code, it will leave them 'undefined' so you can fill them in yourself. 

JackEom
14-Alexandrite
(To:ague)

thank you for your reply!

Top Tags