cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

What is the CSS selector for a collection cell?

berkob
8-Gravel

What is the CSS selector for a collection cell?

I'm trying to make custom CSS that applies when my collection's cells have both "selected" and "hover" status, but I don't know how to describe the selector to change the CSS. Does anyone know how to do this?

6 REPLIES 6
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:berkob)

You may try to refer by the element ID.  If you open your browser dev tools (f12 in Chrome), in Elements tab, you can hover over the element and it will highlight with a popup with the elementid.

When I do that I see for example: "div#cell_test_mashup-95_mashup-root.widget-content.widget-mashup.widget-container". If I use this value will it not just target that specific cell? I'd like add this CSS behavior to every single cell that is generated

posipova
20-Turquoise

I apologize as I don't have the most experience with CSS. It might be more beneficial to refer to online tutorials/CSS-specific forums for this.

No worries, thanks for trying, but since it's a subdivision of the collection widget I don't believe CSS-specific material will be of any help.

Edit: I located the correct selector, but now I'm unable to find the appropriate CSS pseudo-class to copy the CellSelectedStyle property of the collections widget

posipova
20-Turquoise

I apologize as I don't have the most experience with CSS. It might be more beneficial to refer to online tutorials/CSS-specific forums for this.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Top Tags