cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

What operating systems can I use for a VNC connection with ThingWorx?

ddecesaris
6-Contributor

What operating systems can I use for a VNC connection with ThingWorx?

Hi all,

I'm using the Remote Access Widget to connect to remote things using ThingWorx through VNC. Regarding the client side of the VNC connection (so where I open the ThingWorx web interface where there is the widget), can I use it with any OS or is it compatible only with Windows OS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:ddecesaris)

The Remote Access Widget uses a Java Applet so that has to be able to run.

Now you can set it up to use a Browser based Client for VNC then that requirement goes away and but you will need to make sure your browser supports the VNC Client 'plugin'

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

The Remote Access Widget uses a Java Applet so that has to be able to run.

Now you can set it up to use a Browser based Client for VNC then that requirement goes away and but you will need to make sure your browser supports the VNC Client 'plugin'

ddecesaris
6-Contributor
(To:PaiChung)

Are you meaning the Guacamole Plugin Extension available in the Marketplace or the Web Socket Tunnel Widget?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Guac I believe would require it to be installed on the target machine/device

I was actually thinking of something like noVNC

We used to have an extension for this, but it looks like that is no longer in the marketplace, it may be included with Thingworx Utilities

In ThingWorx Utilities there is a RemoteDesktop screen which uses a JavaScript NoVNC Client.

Top Tags