cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

What software is out there that can simulate SCADA, PLC and DCS data?

rrzink91
8-Gravel

What software is out there that can simulate SCADA, PLC and DCS data?

Essentially I want to simulate data of the three above systems so that it can be sent over to a Thingworx server (EMS). There will of course be corresponding hardware that will be needed to simulate some of these. My project will be using the Raspberry Pi 3 b+ to host the server and as a way to connect some of the hardware that will aid in simulating the industrial connectivity data.

An idea I've been playing around with is using WinSPS-S7 V6 to simulate the PLC data (https://www.mhj-tools.com/winsps-s7/). As for the rest, I am unsure. Any insight or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.   

2 REPLIES 2

For the PLC simulation, we usually use the Simulator Driver in Kepware - there's documentation here on it: https://www.kepware.com/getattachment/51b48fd3-28a8-43fd-96b7-5f3584329cb1/simulator-manual.pdf .

What type of systems and exactly what type of data are you talking about for SCADA and DCS? It seems odd to me to want to simulate SCADA since it is a software tool as well. Couldn't you just use the real thing or a copy of it in a protected/safe environment?

@eliotlandrum

We are wanting to include SCADA and DCS into our project to show the different methods used in industry. We're trying to show to the client what is possible with the Thingworx platform and third party software/hardware. The project is lab/demo based. So it won't be put into circulation as a published product. I have a limited understanding on PLC, SCADA and DCS as I am new to the frontier so to speak. So answering the remainder of your questions is difficult without a more concrete frame of reference. I apologize. 

- Ryan

Top Tags