cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

What will be the basic profile required so that the user can able to search cad objects?

prescient_rohit
7-Bedrock

What will be the basic profile required so that the user can able to search cad objects?

Hi, 

I have an API to search cad document objects. 

As there are multiple profiles present on the windchill server.

For a user,  what will be the basic profile required so that the user can able to search cad objects?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

First of all I am not clear what Windchill API you are using, if it is REST API and how/if you calling it from ThingWorx. If that is the case first I suggest using Windchill Swagger UI to test this API in Windchill directly. If that works test invoking it from ThingWorx using same input parameters and if that works.

Thanks!

Marek 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @prescient_rahul

Have you tried the wcadmin user?

I'm pretty ignorant of Windchill, but I can reach out to someone that may be able to answer this if that doesn't work.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @slangley,

Yes, I am using the same user for the searching. For the wcadmin user, "Administrator" group is added.
But I want what will be the basic group such as "Administrator" and profile should be added to the user so that the user can able to search cad objects.

First of all I am not clear what Windchill API you are using, if it is REST API and how/if you calling it from ThingWorx. If that is the case first I suggest using Windchill Swagger UI to test this API in Windchill directly. If that works test invoking it from ThingWorx using same input parameters and if that works.

Thanks!

Marek 

Thank you @MarekP.Nowaczyk  for the suggestion.

Hi @prescient_rahul.

I have marked Marek's response to your post as the solution.  If you disagree with my choice, please let me know.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags