cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Where can i find the right Thingworx Flow installation document?

Janakiraman-P
14-Alexandrite

Where can i find the right Thingworx Flow installation document?

Hello,

I have installed Thingworx Platform 8.5 along with Flow using the bundle(.exe file ThingWorx-Platform-Full-Installer-postgres-Windows-8-5-0) downloaded from the http://support.ptc.com.

I searched for installation document which follows the same bundle(.exe file ThingWorx-Platform-Full-Installer-postgres-Windows-8-5-0), whatever file am browsing is following the old method of manual installation of Tomcat and .war file deployment. These are not relevant for the .exe type of installation.

Where can I find the right installation document for flow.

I`m done with the installation successfully could also able to load Flow and Composer. But i could not able to create workflow service in Thingworx, showing 404 error in the flow canvas panel.

While checking Application log it is showing a fatal error for the user twadmin.

I could not able to troubleshoot it thereafter.

Kindly send me the document if any,

Regards,

Janakiraman P

7 REPLIES 7

There is a bug right now with Flow within Composer, because it assumes that Thingworx and Flow are both installed on the same port, which isn't possible if both Thingworx and Flow are installed on the same Server

Janakiraman-P
14-Alexandrite
(To:PaiChung)

Hi,
Thanks for the response.

I gave different ports for Thingworx and Flow during the installation. But if I see the flow.conf it is using same port and protocol was given to Thingworx.
If it is a bug, that's OK.

My question is, where can I find the doc? As a developer how can I troubleshoot these issues myself?

Thank you,
Janakiraman p

Hi,

We have this: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FIntegration_Orchestration%2FInstallingTwxFlow.html%23

don't know if it is helpful for you.

To access Flow use the following link: https://<hostname>/Thingworx/Composer/apps/flow/, where <hostname> is the host name that you entered in the Hostname for ThingWorx Flow field while installing ThingWorx Flow. By default, this is the host name of the machine where you installed ThingWorx Flow.

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

Hi,
Thanks for your response,

I gone through the help centre you shared.

Thank you,
Janakiraman p

Hi,

Please find the log here,

FATAL: password authentication failed for user "twadmin"

Error Executing Event Handler 'RunScheduler' for event Type.Thing:Entity.PTC.SCA.SCO.KPIScheduler:Event.ScheduledEvent

Thanks,

Janakiraman P

Hi,

When this issue is coming? The error is related to Manufacturing Apps, I think.

Can you explain how you get this error? By installing Thingworx Flow?

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

Yes,
The above issue is related to manufacturing apps. Its started coming after extension import of MFG v8. 5, there was a import exception also coming in the log.

But flow issue still remains, we are also not able to use some connector while creating work order. Ex. Gmail's send message connector. Here we are unable to configure the entity, drop down showing "No data available" instead of "add new".

Related extensions imported and configured from marketplace like Mail server extension.
Help us to configure this connector.

Regards,
Janakiraman p
Top Tags