cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

While loading schema in postgres i am facing directory cannot created

Dhananjayc_24
9-Granite

While loading schema in postgres i am facing directory cannot created

Hello ,

While loading db in postgres I am facing error directory cannot create "pg_tblspc" while having full access in E drive for directory creation . Also I try to setup in C drive providing full access to user . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Dhananjayc_24.

Did you run the db scripts more than once and perform some cleanup in between runs?  I can see in your screenshot, errors indicating the thingworx database does not exist but the thingworx tablespace does.  Since this appears to be a new installation, you can do the following:

1. Drop the thingworx database and tablespace by right-clicking each, then selecting Delete/Drop:

Capture.PNG

2. Make sure the login role exists for twadmin. 

3. Check the \ThingworxPostgresqlStorage folder and if files/folders did not get removed after performing step 1, delete them

4.  Re-run the following scripts per the instructions in the Installation guide:

thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat

thingworxPostgresSchemaSetup.bat

If you still have issues after performing these steps, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Dhananjayc_24.

Did you run the db scripts more than once and perform some cleanup in between runs?  I can see in your screenshot, errors indicating the thingworx database does not exist but the thingworx tablespace does.  Since this appears to be a new installation, you can do the following:

1. Drop the thingworx database and tablespace by right-clicking each, then selecting Delete/Drop:

Capture.PNG

2. Make sure the login role exists for twadmin. 

3. Check the \ThingworxPostgresqlStorage folder and if files/folders did not get removed after performing step 1, delete them

4.  Re-run the following scripts per the instructions in the Installation guide:

thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat

thingworxPostgresSchemaSetup.bat

If you still have issues after performing these steps, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Dhananjayc_24.

If my previous response has answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags