cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Why is my chart extension not responding to Selected Row Changed trigger in thingworx mashup

SrijithKrish
12-Amethyst

Why is my chart extension not responding to Selected Row Changed trigger in thingworx mashup

Hi 

I have created a chart extension configuring the line chart from the custom chart widget extension package v 3.0.3 downloaded from the p t c marketplace. While using the extension the values are being displayed properly but in my chart extension the Selected Row Changed trigger function is not working ie. when I select a point from the chart I need to invoke a service. I had achieved this while using any inbuilt chart like for example a label chart. When I used a label chart I used the selected row changed to invoke a service which I had written.(This was working perfectly as required, I needed some additional features than the inbuilt chart I had to make the extension). But this same functionality(i e. Selected Row Changed) is not working using a extension chart widget.

I would like to know if there is any way I can configure my extension to get triggered by the Selected Row Changed or is it that the Selected Row Changed works only with inbuilt charts like the label chart or time series chart , etc. I am using an info table made using a service to bind the Chart and so it gets triggered using the Selected Row Changed function. But in my extension the point is not being selected in order to make the trigger function unlike the inbuilt charts. Can You Please help to find a solution for this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:SrijithKrish)

Hi @SrijithKrish.

I'm running 8.5.4 and verified the zoom is working for the Label Chart widget.  In Mashup Builder, make sure the Label Chart widget is selected, then search for "zoom" in the widget properties panel.  Make sure AllowYAxisZoom is selected.  When you view the Mashup, just click and drag across the area you wish to expand.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @SrijithKrish.

It doesn't appear that the widgets being delivered in the Custom Chart Widget extension will do what you are requesting.  You can post an enhancements request on the ThingWorx Ideas board to high-light the need for an update.  This will allow other community members to vote on it and thereby increase the possibility that it will be addressed in the future.

Regards.

--Sharon

Thank You! 

The Selected Row Extension is applicable for another chart extensions right? It would be nice if you can suggest me a chart extension which is having the zoom functionality and get triggered using the Selected Row Changed, or you can even suggest a chart extension that can have even string values in the tooltip and gets triggered using the Selected Row Changed so that I can configure that extension to have the zoom function. 

Can any chart extensions be suggested? 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @SrijithKrish.

The Label Chart widget provides zoom functionality as well as row selection functionality.  Please take a look at this one and let us know if you have further questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @slangley 

I was using the Label Chart Widget but I could not find the zoom functionality as it is there in the Custom Chart Widget available in the PTC Marketplace. I wanted to implement that zoom functionality, like we can select a portion from the graph and which gets zoomed. This functionality is there in the Custom Chart Widget.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @SrijithKrish.

Which version of ThingWorx are you running?

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @slangley 

I am using Thingworx 8.5.0 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @SrijithKrish.

I'm running 8.5.4 and verified the zoom is working for the Label Chart widget.  In Mashup Builder, make sure the Label Chart widget is selected, then search for "zoom" in the widget properties panel.  Make sure AllowYAxisZoom is selected.  When you view the Mashup, just click and drag across the area you wish to expand.

Regards.

--Sharon

Thank You @slangley !!!!!

Yes it is working properly. The same functionality is there in time series chart too, so I have used it. Once again Thank You !!  

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @SrijithKrish.

It's recommended that you post a request on the ThingWorx Ideas board for the Custom Chart extension.  This will allow others to vote on it which will increase the possibility that it will be considered for a future release.

For the remainder of this post, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

I also hope that I can expect the Selected Row Changed Trigger function implemented for the Custom Chart Extension in future.

Top Tags