cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Widget Autocomplete doesn't support special characters and displays ValueField in input

qngo
5-Regular Member

Widget Autocomplete doesn't support special characters and displays ValueField in input

Hi,

The widget Autocomplete is not supported by ThingWorx (https://marketplace.thingworx.com/Items/autocomplete), I'd like to know if anyone uses it. Apparently, the input accepts only letter and it doesn't work when the input contains special characters like space, dash -, even wildcard *, etc..

Another problem, when the widget receives the data that has two columns "twxName" and "realName", I can make the widget to display and to search in the column "realName" (DisplayField) and the selected value bound out is from the column "twxName" (ValueField) (with property SendValueAsSelectedText checked). But after selecting a row "realName" from the result of search, the "twxName" appears in the input area instead of "realName". I tried to modify the widget but it's quite complex at first sight.

Do you have the same problems and could you resolve them ?

5 REPLIES 5
nkhose
1-Newbie
(To:qngo)

Hi ,

I have used in combination of  underscore and number as like _0123 etcc  , gets the desired result not tried with - though  . I have not faced the problems that you are facing my TW version is 6.5 +

qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:nkhose)

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I can see now it works with space and dash, but not with wildcard *, even the service I created support it.

horphi
3-Visitor

posipova
20-Turquoise

Unfortunately, the widget is no longer supported and provided as is. Please see the support note at the bottom of the marketplace page:

"This item has been tested and certified by ThingWorx to successfully work with the ThingWorx platform, however this item is not currently supported by ThingWorx. By utilizing this item you acknowledge that the content is provided in ‘as-is’ condition and support will not be provided."

horphi
3-Visitor

i tried to import in THWX 8.3. The Extension is visible in the extension list, but will not be shown by my widgets. Shall i restart THWX for import?

Many thx,

horphi

Top Tags