cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

XML-parameter

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite

XML-parameter

Hi. There is an input service parameter of xml type. What should I enter in the string with it, testing the service? Should it be an URL?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Mr_Henry_M.

Here's a very basic example of a service with XML input:

To test it, click the Execute button:

Copy the xml into the Input field.  If the xml is invalid, the Execute button is grayed out:

If the xml is valid, the Execute button is available:

If you still have questions, please let us know.  Otherwise, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Mr_Henry_M)

Hi @Mr_Henry_M.

Apologies for the delay.

Can you provide more information on what you are doing?  Is this a service you created are you looking at one of the out-of-the box services?

To specifically answer your question, it is looking for .xml--not a url.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Mr_Henry_M.

Just checking to see if you have found a solution to your issue.  If so, please post it here and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

If you are still struggling to find an answer, please respond to the previous questions so that we may assist to find a solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Mr_Henry_M.

Here's a very basic example of a service with XML input:

To test it, click the Execute button:

Copy the xml into the Input field.  If the xml is invalid, the Execute button is grayed out:

If the xml is valid, the Execute button is available:

If you still have questions, please let us know.  Otherwise, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Mr_Henry_M
14-Alexandrite

Hi, Sharon! My apologies for the delay too.

It's not important (as I guess), which service I want to use. But, for example - out-of-the box. And this service has one input parameter of xml type. How should I provide the xml, in which form, while testing? Should I drag-and-drop it or maybe enter the name?

Regards,

Henry.

Top Tags