cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

another persistance provider configuration

Paitoon
12-Amethyst

another persistance provider configuration

I have some assignment to connect other postgesSQL DB Server

So, I would like to do the lab scale to test that i can configure connection before do it on production

What I have now is
-Thingworx Server (Windows2012,Thingworx8.4, pgadmin4)
-Postgre DB Server (Ubuntu18.04LTS,PostgreSQL10)

I read the idea from this topic
 https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/How-to-set-up-a-second-Persistence-Provider/td-p/533066

I need to check my understanding first, Does this right?
Question No.1 : I have to install other Postgres version on my DB Server? (Yes,No) 
My Answer : I think..."yes" , following the topic above pgadmin show that it has postgre 9.4 and 9.5  in pgadmin

Question No.2 : In topic above said like what to do is only change the port from 5432 to 5433 in installation script (thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat) But??? How my db server know which version of postgres will execute?
I check on thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat. It will execute "psql.exe"

I'm inexperince in back-end job like db installation.
Please Recommend me

2 REPLIES 2
abjain
13-Aquamarine
(To:Paitoon)

@Paitoon : You can install the second persistence provider on the same server or you can create another server . If you are installing on the same db server, then the two postgres instances will be distinguished by port number . As mentioned in the post which you shared you will be providing different port number for these two postgres instances and the port number would be updated in thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat and thingworxPostgresSchemaSetup.bat. Also the port number will be updated in the jdbc url when you setup a new persistence provider in thingworx.

For updating thingworxPostgresDBSetup, you need to right click on it and open it on notepad. Then you will be able to edit it. After editing them , execute them on terminal.

Paitoon
12-Amethyst
(To:abjain)

I will update about this topic later thank you

Top Tags