cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

apache poi and vpn disconnected issue

YC_9410522
5-Regular Member

apache poi and vpn disconnected issue

Hi,

I created a custom extension to get data from Excel files in Thingworx. I basically coded it in Java ( using eclipse by following the extension developer guide ).
The extension uses Apache Poi and works fine on my local machine, where excel files are get the data.

Extension only reads Excel file and puts data into postgresql from thingworx service.

And I'm currently using vpn to connect to thingworx, and every time I upload excel file, vpn is disconnected.

Is that a Tomcat heap-size problem? Then let me know how to check it.

2 REPLIES 2

Based on my previous experience with Apache POI, I know that the Apache worksheet objects that get created in Java once you load the excel data are quite large (for 30k rows I needed to increase my Tomcat's max heap size to 12 GB RAM).

However, in your case, you say that the VPN disconnects, so it does not sound related to what I experienced.

Maybe it's something that the VPN does not like in terms of file format (ie: forbids uploading/downloading excel files?)

I would suggest opening a ticket to your IT team describing this behavior.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:YC_9410522)

Hi @YC_9410522.

Have you found a solution for your issue?  If so, please post it here for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Thank you for your participation on our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags