cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

content Crawler?

mramdas
1-Newbie

content Crawler?

Hii,

I am trying to understand "content Crawler". Is it for retrieving information from the external sites? .Could any body please  give glimpses on this and how to use it.

Thanks,

Manohar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mchehaibi
5-Regular Member
(To:mramdas)

Hi Manohar,

Content Crawler is an object meant to store data (similar to a DataTable) that you have scraped or periodically scraped from another system using the Content Service (Name)

This service is meant to return an Infotable whose values are mapped into the ContentCrawler DataShape

via the Field to Field Mappings and/or Field to Tag Mappings. The Index Settings is the same implementation

as a DataTable and allows you to create secondary indexes on the data you're persisting beyond

the index of the DataShape.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Amine

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mchehaibi
5-Regular Member
(To:mramdas)

Hi Manohar,

Content Crawler is an object meant to store data (similar to a DataTable) that you have scraped or periodically scraped from another system using the Content Service (Name)

This service is meant to return an Infotable whose values are mapped into the ContentCrawler DataShape

via the Field to Field Mappings and/or Field to Tag Mappings. The Index Settings is the same implementation

as a DataTable and allows you to create secondary indexes on the data you're persisting beyond

the index of the DataShape.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Amine

Top Tags