cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

data sampling frequency of thingworx platform

juhiajmera
3-Visitor

data sampling frequency of thingworx platform

Hi

Can someone help me with the max frequency that data is allowed to send/fetch in thingworx?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think there's only soft limit over the sampling speed. 

Note that all DataTable, Stream and Value Stream have their own and only table in persistence provider, so the number of properties being updated and the frequency of update both counts, and the total write frequency limit from database side would affect this performance.

There are sizing guide for running TWX server with average suggestions, but they cannot give you the upper limit. Only thing that's confirmed is that ValueStream has lower priority than DT and Stream data, some changes will be ignored if the server is over the capacity.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I think there's only soft limit over the sampling speed. 

Note that all DataTable, Stream and Value Stream have their own and only table in persistence provider, so the number of properties being updated and the frequency of update both counts, and the total write frequency limit from database side would affect this performance.

There are sizing guide for running TWX server with average suggestions, but they cannot give you the upper limit. Only thing that's confirmed is that ValueStream has lower priority than DT and Stream data, some changes will be ignored if the server is over the capacity.

Thank you for the message. Let’s say kepware is capturing 6000 data in one second. Can I get all the data values in thing property? What is the soft limit?

Actually, you can't store more than millisecond precision per property, then the hard limit (without counting bandwidth, storage and CPU usage) it's 1000 record per property and second.

Is there any another way to store all the 6000 values in the ThingWorx?

6000 values in the same second for the same property? if that's the question, actually not as far as I know. If it's 6000 values in the same second for different properties (and none of them it's above 1000) then you should be able to store it, but it won't be correctly stored if they are recorded for the same property on the same millisecond (which can happen), on that case property values will be overwritten.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:juhiajmera)

Hi @juhiajmera.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags