cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

how do I used state formatting for value display (displaying status of program)??

RM12
13-Aquamarine

how do I used state formatting for value display (displaying status of program)??

Hello,

I want to apply state formatting' before (15 min ) program starting it will show in yellow background  and if program is start then I want to show status is "ON" in green background and if the program is finish it will show program status is "OFF" in red background please suggest how do I used state formatting for value display with these use cases and refer below attachment 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
odukiya
15-Moonstone
(To:RM12)

Hello @RM12 

Have you checked the following post?

https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/How-to-set-up-and-configure-Schedulers/m-p/537793/highlight/true#M762

Can you also help me with your thingworx version ?

Thanks

Om Dukiya

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
anarwal
12-Amethyst

Hi , State property works on the property value .So you can define a property and change the property value accordingly like using some event when program start or subscription or if property changes on time use timers event to show change on property and you can define state based on the property values and property values changes according to implementation.

RM12
13-Aquamarine
(To:anarwal)

Thanks for your reply ,can you please explain in detail with one example how do I used state formatting for value display??

anarwal
12-Amethyst

valuedisplay.PNG

RM12
13-Aquamarine
(To:anarwal)

I follow with these but not getting proper output it only getting only one state I create service for these and calculate downtime status (difference) according status I'll tried with with one condition with difference it take only one state definition but when I tried with 3 condition not getting an proper output please suggest

1) how do I give condition for these??

2) Is there another way for schedule program for daily 

3) How do I used timer when I create program in certain time daily 

Ashritha
13-Aquamarine

Suppose a program is running at a particular time in a day , You can follow the following  method

1. Create a scheduler that should run based on required  condition. .
    1.  Conditions:
      1. before 15 mins of program start time
      2. program start time
      3. program end time
    2. Guide : 
      1. Scheduler Guide 
      2. Scheduler Time Format Guide 
  2. Create a property in thing (if single program is running) / datatable (if multiple programs are running and if every program does not have separate thing)
  3. Create a Service that set the above property based on the requirement
    1. before 15 mins of program start time - "BEFORE"
    2. program start time - "ON"
    3. program end time - "OFF"
  4. Create state definition with above conditions - "BEFORE",  "ON", "OFF"
    1. Create style definition and bind with above states
  5. Write service to fetch property/ Use available services like GetProperties
    1. Bind the result to value display
  6. Bind the State definition to the value display (Select the property which contains the conditions)

RM12
13-Aquamarine
(To:Ashritha)

Can you please suggest one example ??  which is helpful for me that how do I set up and how to apply scheduler ?? 

odukiya
15-Moonstone

Hello @RM12 

Have you checked the following post?

https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/How-to-set-up-and-configure-Schedulers/m-p/537793/highlight/true#M762

Can you also help me with your thingworx version ?

Thanks

Om Dukiya

RM12
13-Aquamarine
(To:odukiya)

Yes I have checked this post and I'm done with setup and I'm using thingworx 9.0 version 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @RM12.

Are you still having an issue?  If so, please provide further details of the problem now that you have reviewed the information previously provided.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags