cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

how the change the project name of entities like thingshape,mashups,style definition by service.

Rish
4-Participant

how the change the project name of entities like thingshape,mashups,style definition by service.

i have more than 500 different types of entities that are attached to a wrong project. I want to change the project name of entities but manually changing the name will take lots of time and work and i want to change the project name of all entities in one go by a service or some other methods. can you guys provide solution for the same.

Note i have done this for all things but API is not available for mashups, style def. etc. is there any way to perform this task ?

2 REPLIES 2

Mashups do have the SetProjectName service available in 9.3.1 at least.

Each entity should have this service. Did you try to use it and you had an error?

Mashups["Left Panel with Menu"].SetProjectName({
projectName: undefined /* PROJECTNAME */
});

DanWolf
12-Amethyst
(To:Rish)

I've done a lot of editing like this by exporting the project (Source Control Entities, which writes the files under SystemRepository) and editing the XML files.  It's pretty easy to open all files in a good text editor and find/replace things like the project name in all files at once, then save and import back into ThingWorx.  I routinely export entire projects and use Agent Ransack (Windows) to quickly find usage of services, session parameters, etc.  

Top Tags