cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

how to display the hierarchical data in form of tree in mashup

achitters
9-Granite

how to display the hierarchical data in form of tree in mashup

how to display the hierarchical data in form of tree in mashup as shown in the image.

3 REPLIES 3
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:achitters)

Hi @achitters you can use Grid Advanced Widget from ThingWorx Marketplace. It contains both Grid&Tree widget allowing you to display such a hierarchy. Additionally there's a sample entity within the zip that you'll download named GridAdvancedExampleEntities-v3.0.xml this will create some demo mashups and things with services to return demo data something the attached screenshot 

13-03-2018 14-09-41.jpg

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:achitters)

Thingworx has a structure called Networks which creates that hierarchy and can be easily visualized in the Tree widget in a mashup.

What it depends on is a table that has to and from or child and parent relationships.

for example

child   |   parent

A    |      

1    |      A

2    |      A

B    |      

3    |      B

4    |      B

This would give you two root nodes called A and B each with two children

The only requirement to be able to use a Network is that they all have to be Things, if that is not needed, you can create a DataTable instead. Make sure you have the Child and Parent field as primary in the DataShape.

aanupeter
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

i am a beginner in thingworx. I would like to understand how we can bring the data into Tree widget. Could you please explain in more detail? It will help me a lot. Thanks for your understanding.

Top Tags