cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

how to show data in collection widget when selecting on dropdown data?

Ru
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite

how to show data in collection widget when selecting on dropdown data?

Hello,

i want show data in collection widget by using dropdown data selecting.

I have one dropdown which have three levels as Beginner, Intermediate and advanced. and i have one collection widget where all levels combined.

if i am selecting level Beginer in dropdown then in collection it shows only beginner level. Please suggest any procedure. Refer below attachment for your better understand.

2 REPLIES 2
emscur
12-Amethyst
(To:Ru)

Hello @Ru,

You achieve this by querying the service where this data is coming from (GetImplementingThingsWithData vs QueryImplementingThingWithData for example). Basically, you would need to call the query service every time SelectedRowsChanged event is triggered on the DropDown widget. Then, you can use the SelectedText property of the DropDown widget to query the infotable and only return the results that match the query. Find a summary below:

1. Bind SelectedRowsChanged (DropDown) > QueryService
  2. Bind SelectedText (DropDow) > QueryService (string parameter)
  3. In QueryService, use the SelectedText (string input) to query the database/infotable
  4. QueryService should return an infotable containing only the rows that match the selected level

I hope you find this information helpful.

Thanks,

Emmanuel

zyuan1
18-Opal
(To:Ru)

If I'm doing this , i'll just use a Datatable entity with Shape { String:[Level], infotable:[Courses] }

So I just need 3 rows of data for your 3 levels, and in each infotable after the certain level, I'll list all the submashup names.   I'll bind the GetdatatableEntries service result to both List widget and Collection widget, showing different columns of data.  With the help of SelectedRows change event, list and collection widget will change at same time.

Top Tags