cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

how to show mashups name after clicking on menu

Ru
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite

how to show mashups name after clicking on menu

hiii,

i have created one master which includes some menu and under that menu there is submenu.

now i want to show the mashup name on label after clicking on menu or submenu how i do that please suggest.

122_0-1637758996196.png

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Ru)

I forget if you can bind out of a menu, but if that isn't possible, you can use 'GetEffectiveMenu' to then bind that to the Menu widget as 'table driven'

Now you can use the Selected Row to set your label.

Ru
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite
(To:PaiChung)

hi @PaiChung ,

will you please help me to understand where i will get "GetEffectiveMenu" service?

Ru
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite

Hi @PaiChung ,

i am using here breadcrumb widget but whenever i select on one menu it shows all the submenu names in breadcrumb.

i am attaching snapshot of it please check and let me know how i resolve it

122_0-1638269595028.png

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Ru)

GetEffectiveMenu is the actual service that the browser runs against the Menu entity to load content into your Menu Widget.

So each Menu has this service. (Add data, go to Menus, find your menu and you'll find the service in services)

I haven't used the breadcrumb widget myself so I'm not sure exactly how that one works and is supposed to work together with the menu, sorry.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Ru.

It sounds like the breadcrumb widget is working exactly as it was designed, so if you don't want to see all the selections, you may want to remove that.

Were you able to locate the GetEffectiveMenu service and try that?

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags