cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

how to store the LabVIEW program in cloud and also to retrieve it

mcb
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:mcb)

For installing Labview  in a cloud environment, I'd recommend checking with their documentation since this is a 3rd party product not related to ThingWorx. From what I see in that guide that HTTP calls to ThingWorx are made from the Labview so for ThingWorx it doesn't matter from where you have your LabView installed be it on local machine or in a cloud environment as long as the setup is allowing to make REST calls you should be able to reach ThingWorx using those same REST calls.

Feel free to correct me if you feel I still haven't got the issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi, could you please elaborate your use case? Are you attempting LabView data to connect to ThingWorx?

mcb
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:supandey)

hi sushant,

thanks for your reply.

my use case would be to upload my labview program in cloud and any one in my organisation should able to get the LV program and modify it.

Is there any possibility in thingworx of how would i upload the labview program in cloud.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

I am not sure if i am getting it right, you want to upload LabView to ThingWorx? As to uploading anything to ThingWorx, it has to be ThingWorx specific or built using ThingWorx Extension. You can surely have ThingWorx deployed in the cloud (e.g. AWS or Azure) which can be made accessible to everyone.

Sorry I'm not clear of what connection you have with ThingWorx and LabView.

mcb
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:supandey)

i want my labview program to be uploaded in cloud.

can u pl tell the procedure to upload the labview program or is there any whitepaper to follow the procedure.

Iam using RESTful api

LabVIEW and ThingWorx - ThingWorx-Labview Documentation

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Thank you for the link that helps. So have you created this program using the labview + ThingWorx connectivity guide you have shared in the link? From the guide it seems you can communicate with ThingWorx via the ThingWorx REST API - is this not working for you?

mcb
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

sir iam using embedded device called NI myRIO with this my sensors are connected.this has been programmed using LabVIEW.

now iam able to upload sensor data in the cloud.

now i want to completely upload the labview program itself in the cloud so that my organisation people can download the labview program from the cloud and remodify the program and once again they need to upload in the cloud.

pl help me in this regard.

thanks for the reply

supandey
19-Tanzanite

For installing Labview  in a cloud environment, I'd recommend checking with their documentation since this is a 3rd party product not related to ThingWorx. From what I see in that guide that HTTP calls to ThingWorx are made from the Labview so for ThingWorx it doesn't matter from where you have your LabView installed be it on local machine or in a cloud environment as long as the setup is allowing to make REST calls you should be able to reach ThingWorx using those same REST calls.

Feel free to correct me if you feel I still haven't got the issue.

Top Tags