cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

import custom extension failed: JAR conflict Checking deployed extension JARS

QZ_ASGRA
7-Bedrock

import custom extension failed: JAR conflict Checking deployed extension JARS

JAR conflict Checking deployed extension JARS [existing: xyz01.jar, package: xyz02.jar] 2022-03-11 14:37:44.606+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.e.u.ExtensionPackageUtilities] [I: ] [U: Administrator] [S: ] [P: ] [T: http-nio-8080-exec-2] Checking deployed extension JARS conflict(s) detected [package: xyz02]. Check application log for details!

according to my test, extensions abc01, abc02, abc03, ..., can't import together onto one twx, but abc01, xyz01,xz01 can. So it seems if the name differences are only in the digits, twx9.3.0 failed to distinguish during import.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:QZ_ASGRA)

Hi @QZ_ASGRA.

We did some additional research and testing, and found that it appears the problem is caused by the fact that the root names are the same.  In the following example, the first digit will terminate the root name resulting in the same name:

TWQA709_ExtensionA.jar root name is TWQA
TWQA709_ExtensionB.jar root name is TWQA

Try changing the name of the jar to something unique and see if that resolves the issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

Read this article - "Error "Checking ThingWorx system JARS conflict(s) detected" when importing customized Extension in ThingWorx": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS255014

I have checked that artical before my post actually, because I have tried to resolved it. Just to prove my guess, I have done a couple of tests, and I have attached the examples as well. My code didn't use any third party jar or lib , just one service call for one thing shape, quite simple, because my original purpose was to test the gradle plugin actually. 

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:VladimirN)

Hi @QZ_ASGRA.

From the attachments you provided, we can see that the .jar files are included.    You could remove the .jar file, change it to a different version, or remove the previous custom extension before importing.

What is your intent?  Are you deploying a new version?

Regards.

--Sharon

that jar was generated  by gradle build process, I didn't implicate any 3rd party library file.  I just tested again to create a simple Thing shape with one simple service to return the input parameter only. For the two thingworx project cde01 and cde02, the only similarity were their names both starting with "cde". Then when I imported the extensions, that error reported. You see, just because their names are similar, not same.

slangley
23-Emerald II

HI @QZ_ASGRA.

Have you tried to import these multiple times?  If you already had your extension imported that contained .jars by the same name, did you first remove the original extension?

What happens if you uninstall your custom extensions and start over again?  

Regards.

--Sharon

I did test as you have suggested as well,  but the result was same. If not too much, actually, you could test it too : twx 9.3.0 sdk + eclipse + gradle, and you will see. This "issue" is not quite a problem for me yet. I found it when I tried to prepare a training.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @QZ_ASGRA.

We did some additional research and testing, and found that it appears the problem is caused by the fact that the root names are the same.  In the following example, the first digit will terminate the root name resulting in the same name:

TWQA709_ExtensionA.jar root name is TWQA
TWQA709_ExtensionB.jar root name is TWQA

Try changing the name of the jar to something unique and see if that resolves the issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

That's exactly what I have found. Just wondering whether this is a bug, or we , as end users , shall just take care.

Anyway, thantks a lot .

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @QZ_ASGRA

It's actually not a bug, but a java convention.  PTC doesn't control this.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags