cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

is it possible change user through mashup?

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

hi, i'm seonho

for example, i login 'A' User

and mashup has two text box and button(navigate)

a 'B' user ID and password  input to text box

and click button(navigate) then user change

it looks similar FormLogin

is it possible? if so how to?

thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:CHASEONHO)

To my knowledge since you can only have one session at a time, you can't do it without first logging out one user then logging in as the other user.

(You can use a server side service to end a user session so it isn't just the logout service)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

What is the use case?

I've seen people create Registration style mashups using an AppKey which then allows a user to register first.

After that it logs them out and redirects them to a new page where they officially log in.

Is that what you are trying to accomplish?

I think if that is what you want to do?

Personally if you wanted someone to be logged out and another person be logged in, I would always do it in 'two steps' session closed, and they land at a login page.

I'm sorry I did not give you enough explanation.

My intention is to be able to change users without logging out.

You can account in specific page(MashUp) using the AppKey.

The AppKey reference a user.

If you use AppKey to access a specific page, you will be logged in to Thingworx as a user referencing Appkey.

A good way to change a user is to sign out and redirect to a different login page.

But I wonder if I can change a user with a user ID and password without a widget called logout. (Service or event)

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

To my knowledge since you can only have one session at a time, you can't do it without first logging out one user then logging in as the other user.

(You can use a server side service to end a user session so it isn't just the logout service)

Announcements

Top Tags