cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

local property in Thing template

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

local property in Thing template

Is it possible to use locally bound property as VTQ property?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:AP_9587236)

You won't have the thumb symbol, but you can use the GetPropertyValuesVTQ service and you'll see the full VTQ for any property.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Every property will have VTQ.

What is your use case?

If it is a remote bound property, on hovering thumb symbol, i can see quality and time. How to pass that quality and time to local property?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You won't have the thumb symbol, but you can use the GetPropertyValuesVTQ service and you'll see the full VTQ for any property.

Yes this property is providing latest value. But how to get VTQ for the data other than latest value. 

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

If you need historical data, I recommend you store it in a ValueStream by simply setting the Property to 'logged'

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Composer/DataStorage/ValueStreams/AccessingValueStreamDataUsingServices.html

This is a logged property and its value updating using services. The value is of datatype of datetime. Its timestamp also we expecting to be same as its value. so that it will be easy to query using timestamp.

for example :- if the value is "2022-04-27 23:45:00.000", its timestamp also should be "2022-04-27 23:45:00.000" like a vtq property. How to achieve this?

AP_9587236_0-1651130029392.png

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You can force the timestamp by using the AddValueStreamProperty service. (or similar) So instead of logged, you would do a subscription to value change and then call this service to add it to the value stream with your specific VTQ.

Top Tags