cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

mashup loading takes 5 seconds

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

mashup loading takes 5 seconds

Hi,

On mashup loading we are calling almost 5 services which are mandatory and 5 - 7 services which is been called in the service invoke completed of those services loaded in mashup. And its taking almost 12 seconds to load a page which upsets the customer. Is there any way to make the mashup load quicker like just in 2 seconds?

Please provide some idea.

Thanks in advance,

Shalini V.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @svisveswaraiya 

Thank you for isolating the issue to the mashup and widgets itself.  Some versions of ThingWorx do have slower rendering issues for some specific widgets, and we've been working to improve this aspect.  It may be worth trying:

* A quick test with the same mashup on the latest ThingWorx patch available for your release to see if the issue persists

* A quick test on multiple browsers to see if there's any difference in rendering time

If the issue persists even on the newest releases, you can record the performance via developer tools and post the file here to see if there's any additional optimizations we can think of.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

Because you have a big chain of services, it would help to understand the load times for these chained services, and once we identify the slower ones, then we need to understand which piece of code is impacting us.

I would:

• Collect a .har file in the browser developer tools: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS224691
  • For the slower services add timing logging lines around any DB queries or potentially other long running operations
  • Once we isolate potential slow queries or blocks of code, execute those separately to confirm timing and see if we can cache or optimize some of the logic

Happy to review any output files here to see if we can identify the slowdown.

Hi @Tudor

Thanks for your response. 

I tried to delete all the services from data tab in a mashup and ran the mashup. Even without any services, the mashup was very very slow in loading the objects. I had used three overlays inside which there are many widgets. I understood that the issue was because of the overlay's in the mashup. When I took out the overlay(right sidebar's) the mashup just loaded in a second. 

Is there a way to avoid this from happening and make the mashup load quickly? Because We can't remove the right sidebar's anymore as we got the approval with them.

Thanks in advance,

Shalini V.

Hello @svisveswaraiya 

Thank you for isolating the issue to the mashup and widgets itself.  Some versions of ThingWorx do have slower rendering issues for some specific widgets, and we've been working to improve this aspect.  It may be worth trying:

* A quick test with the same mashup on the latest ThingWorx patch available for your release to see if the issue persists

* A quick test on multiple browsers to see if there's any difference in rendering time

If the issue persists even on the newest releases, you can record the performance via developer tools and post the file here to see if there's any additional optimizations we can think of.

Top Tags