cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

menu not visible

dmahoney
1-Newbie

menu not visible

I am running Thingworx 7.2.

1) I created a Master with a menu .

2) I then created a Mashup using that master.

If I view the mashup as an Administrator, the menu is there.

If I view it with a non-Administrator, the menu doesn't display.

What simple thing am I missing?

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TarynKelly
4-Participant
(To:dmahoney)

Hi Dan,

I know you've probably figured this out by now but for others experiencing the same problem, this can be fixed by going into your Menu you created then go to Menu Definition. Once there, you will see that for each menu item you have created, there will be a category called Groups that you can add groups to. Add the necessary groups to all of your menu items and this should work. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Dan, what sort of group does this non-admin user belong to? You'll need to provide appropriate visibility to the user/user group. Could test with Developers Group (available by default) This group by default have read & update rights. For more you can check the User Group documentation Or this Security fundamental video

Hope this'd help.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Dan Mahoney​,

When you will open the Mashup with Non-Admin user; some errors will show in the Application logs regarding the Permissions. Just provide those permissions to the Non-Admin user and it will work fine.

Do let us know in case you face any issue in understanding the logs.

I hope it helps.

Hi Ankit,

I'm not getting any permission problems.  I attack those first.

The only error is this "Unable to delete Application Key TwxRuntimeKey_kodwyer"

Dan

TarynKelly
4-Participant

Hi Dan,

I know you've probably figured this out by now but for others experiencing the same problem, this can be fixed by going into your Menu you created then go to Menu Definition. Once there, you will see that for each menu item you have created, there will be a category called Groups that you can add groups to. Add the necessary groups to all of your menu items and this should work. 

Top Tags