cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

model running status

justinoberle
10-Marble

model running status

When you create a model in thingworx, is there a way to see how long it will take to run? I know, the more data, the longer it will typically take. But, I get a running window and it could last 60 seconds or 60 hours. I have no idea. How can I see this information?

1 REPLY 1
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:justinoberle)

Hi @justinoberle 

If you are talking about ThingWorx Analytics prediction models, then there is indeed not an easy way to know how much a model training will take.

Here are a few points that do impact the training time:

As you indicated the size of the dataset impacts .

Note that when we say size, it includes both the number of row and the number of columns in the dataset.

It is important to clean the dataset first to make sure to not include necessary columns.

If using categorical dataset, the number of category will impact a lot the performance too, so try to keep it to a minimal

The number of learners selected will also have an impact.

The article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS248206 has also some info but there is no formula that I know that can tell how much a model will take

Regards

Christophe

Top Tags