cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

pass value from combobox to a thing value property

rodbastidas
7-Bedrock

pass value from combobox to a thing value property

Hi Guys,

I am loading a drop down list with string values bring from my database, but I need pass that value chosen to one specific thing property,  i don't know the way to do this.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:rodbastidas)

The selected value comes from the Data Source the right side pane not the Widget.

You assign Data to the widget and then from that same Data Source the Selected Row(s) tracks what is selected in that widget. So you drag it from that right side onto whatever you need to pass the selected value to.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Selected Values are tracked in the source. So in the Data pane, where you have brought in the service, you'll see Result/Data and Selected Row(s) /Data

the Selected part represents the selection in any widget that you have bound the data to.

So you'll take selected row(s)/PropertyName and drag and drop that onto what you need to bind it to, either an input parameter to a service which will then apply that value to the model (a Thing property for example) or onto a Widget.

yeah, I know

But in my case this widget don't have the option to drag the select value to the property, only get Data, it's normal?

Kind Regards.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

The selected value comes from the Data Source the right side pane not the Widget.

You assign Data to the widget and then from that same Data Source the Selected Row(s) tracks what is selected in that widget. So you drag it from that right side onto whatever you need to pass the selected value to.

Top Tags