cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

problem with OpcDaEdgeThing

kyetzer
10-Marble

problem with OpcDaEdgeThing

I have an OpcDaEdgeThing configured to receive OPC data that is transferred to a pc from a datalogger.  We have used the same configuration on another pc and it worked ok.  When I initially set it up the data was transferred to the thingworx server for a short period of time then it stopped.  When I look in the log file I see the following type of error for all the tags

Warning   6   System    OpcDAEdgeThing.FB11111      An Error occurred adding item to the group
Warning   6   System    OpcDAEdgeThing.FB11111      OPC Error:   The Item is no longer available in the server address space.

Not sure what this means,  if someone can give me some insight I would greatly appreciate it.

3 REPLIES 3
paic
1-Newbie
(To:kyetzer)

Hi Ken, the message seems to indicate that you had mapped to a tag (data point) that no longer exists?

Can you remove that point please, then save the new configuration and restart your EdgeThing?

Thanks!

kyetzer
10-Marble
(To:paic)

Pai,

It is giving this error for every tag.   I know the data keeps flowing because the datalogger has a viewer that allows you to watch the data coming in.  I am not sure how the Edge Thing communicates with the data logger,  so maybe something is happening with that communication?

-Ken

paic
1-Newbie
(To:kyetzer)

Thanks Ken,

It sounds like there is indeed perhaps something wrong with the communication.

You can verify the TWEMS to the Platform by checking the Thing it is communicating to, it should have a property that shows the connected status.

On the Resource Host side, of course make sure it is started up, and then you can find some log files associated with your Edge Things. These will be in Program Files (x86)\Thingworx

Top Tags