cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

querypropertyhistory does not fetch all the rows between the specified date

asekar
13-Aquamarine

querypropertyhistory does not fetch all the rows between the specified date

querypropertyhistory does not fetch all the rows between the specified date (start date and end date) even though the specific value stream has entries for a specific time period 

10 REPLIES 10
vxavier
13-Aquamarine
(To:asekar)

Hi,

How are you logging the data? If it is in "value change" mode, did the data change in that period of time? 

Cheers,

Vinicius.

asekar
13-Aquamarine
(To:vxavier)

Hi Vinicius,

Yes.. the data is streaming from kep and I'm sure that data exists for a specific period of time. Data change type is set to value

Arvind

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Could it all be MaxItems related? Did you set that?

asekar
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

@PaiChung wrote:

Could it all be MaxItems related? Did you set that?

Hello Chung,

Thanks for your reply.

I do not think it could be related to max items. When I set this, it does not honor the start date and end date parameters. Total number of rows fetched is equal to max items in this case.

Arvind

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Ok so you aren't missing entries just because you are only pulling 500 records but there might be 1000 in the timespan you are requesting.

Could there be a timezone offset? are you requesting data for a location that is in a different time zone compared to your location?

asekar
13-Aquamarine

@PaiChung wrote:

Ok so you aren't missing entries just because you are only pulling 500 records but there might be 1000 in the timespan you are requesting.

Could there be a timezone offset? are you requesting data for a location that is in a different time zone compared to your location?

Yes. I'm not using the maxItems parameter at all. But just checked by giving that parameter if it could have an impact.  Whatever value I give, it fetched those many records which means those many records are logged.

My requirement is to provide a start and end date, fetch all records. I do not want to miss out on any records.

There isn't any timezone issue.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

But when you leave MaxItems blank it will always default to 500 records.

Are you sure you have less than 500 records?

Generally we set MaxItems to a rather large number like 1000000 if we need to be sure to get all the records and don't know how many to expect.

asekar
13-Aquamarine

I'm sure the value stream has more than 500 records. If I set the MaxItems to 1000000, then the result shows records beyond the date range entered

Thanks,
Arvind

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You may have to pass in a start and end date then, together with maxItems.

asekar
13-Aquamarine

thank you... I'm currently involved in doing such as exercise. I have tried passing in start date and end date along with max items. I will keep you posted on this

Top Tags