cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

sending edited column value to datatable

gourinaik98
8-Gravel

sending edited column value to datatable

Hello,

I currently have a datatable with one of the columns as scheduleno. This is editable. Now i want to send the column value edited during runtime to my datatable. kindly let me know how we can achieve this.

Also, which widget is btter for this functionality, gird or adv-grid? if we use adv-grid, pls share step by step procedure to do the same.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:gourinaik98)

Correct, the Grid widget will have a 'Property' called 'Edited Table' which is the table you can use as an input to the service. the Advanced Grid should feature an additional property called 'Changed Row(s)'

And then indeed you would loop through it and use AddorUpdate service

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

The regular Grid can only provide the full edited table, so not just the column.

The advanced Grid I believe can provide in addition to edited table, it can provide changed rows, again not just the column.

So based on that you need to run some logic that compares values and does updates based on that.

Can u please give me an example with respect to retrieving changed row
values?
So you are saying that I have to take changed row values as input to a
service, loop through the input and send the output to
AddorUpdateDataEntries service of my data table?
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Correct, the Grid widget will have a 'Property' called 'Edited Table' which is the table you can use as an input to the service. the Advanced Grid should feature an additional property called 'Changed Row(s)'

And then indeed you would loop through it and use AddorUpdate service

Thank you, but I could not find any property called Changed Rows in the advanced grid

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

It looks like it doesn't have that, sorry, it has EditedTable, it has selectedrows (not the same)

so you'll have  too use EditedTable

Top Tags