cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

state definitions attached to the configure grid columns of advanced grid

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

state definitions attached to the configure grid columns of advanced grid

I have attached state definitions to the configure grid columns of advanced grid. Whatever the changes have done directly in state definitions is not reflecting the same state definition which is attached to the grid. As I am updating the the styles of state definitions in runtime, I cant manually check the same state definitions attached to the grid. Advanced grid also get updated automatically. 

What is the solution for this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

By design, the state definitions are loaded on Mashup Load (meaning once) and are not designed to be modifiable at runtime.

It's easy to check this behavior by monitoring the service executions in the Network tab of your browser Developer Tools. There is a service called GetStyleDefinitions or something similar to this executed when the runtime loads.

By reload I mean reloading all the page, not only a  (contained) Mashup. I'm not sure if this was already achieved before - might be worth searching for this topic.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @AP_9587236,

Could you please try to explain the issue more clearly? You said that "I can't manually check the same state definitions.." , but I do not understand what you mean by "checking" the same state definition. When I see "check" that usually means "verify" but it does not seem to make sense in this situation.

Then you said "Advanced grid also get updated automatically" and I'm not sure what you meant to say. What exactly is this update process you mean, something you do in Composer, or maybe you refer to the service execution?

I may have a rough idea of what's happening in your situation, but since I don't understand with certainty your explanation I would prefer to wait until you can clarify your question.

Thank you!

I have used 5 style definitions in one state definition. And I attached that state definition to a configure grid columns of advance grid. In runtime, i am updating the 5 style definitions successfully, but the changes is not reflecting in the advance grid until iam reloading the page. 

I need to fix this immediately.

By design, the state definitions are loaded on Mashup Load (meaning once) and are not designed to be modifiable at runtime.

It's easy to check this behavior by monitoring the service executions in the Network tab of your browser Developer Tools. There is a service called GetStyleDefinitions or something similar to this executed when the runtime loads.

By reload I mean reloading all the page, not only a  (contained) Mashup. I'm not sure if this was already achieved before - might be worth searching for this topic.

Okay, Thanks

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:AP_9587236)

Hi @AP_9587236.

You might want to take a look at using style themes to solve your problem.  

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags