cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

storing service output in Datatable in Thingworx

SM_10230689
10-Marble

storing service output in Datatable in Thingworx

How can we store a service output in DataTable insted of InfoTble in Thingworx. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SM_10230689 

I would say it would depend on your use case. Kindly refer to the best practice below

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Composer/DataStorage/DataTables/DataTableBestPractices.html

In short, if your data is on a row-by-row basis update or change, and easy to look up I would recommend a data table, But if your data relatively doesn't have many rows, doesn't need to look up on specific row and logically easier to relate it with the specific thing then I would recommend an infotable 

From my experience don't use infotable if it contains more than 500 rows, and use databaseThing to connect to database if your rows size is more than 50000. Otherwise it will cause a performance issues on ThingWorx. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @SM_10230689 

I would say it would depend on your use case. Kindly refer to the best practice below

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Composer/DataStorage/DataTables/DataTableBestPractices.html

In short, if your data is on a row-by-row basis update or change, and easy to look up I would recommend a data table, But if your data relatively doesn't have many rows, doesn't need to look up on specific row and logically easier to relate it with the specific thing then I would recommend an infotable 

From my experience don't use infotable if it contains more than 500 rows, and use databaseThing to connect to database if your rows size is more than 50000. Otherwise it will cause a performance issues on ThingWorx. 

Thanks

Announcements

Top Tags