cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat missing - thingworx foundation

Elekta
4-Participant

thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat missing - thingworx foundation

Hi, 

I am trying to install thingworx foundation edition. The installation steps says under

Configuring and Executing the PostgreSQL Database Script (Windows)

3. Obtain and open thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat from the ThingWorx software download package.

However the thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat is missing from the foundation installer I downloaded. Please let me know if I am missing something here? Do I need to download something else as well to get the file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:Elekta)

@Elekta Yes, H2 is embedded, in-memory database used with ThingWorx as one of the persistence provided. Other database which are supportable - PostgreSQL, MSSQL,Cassandra.

For Trial edition, I believe we only provide H2 and other database can be downloaded using PTC Software download site.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@Elekta Could you please confirm the Package name and version you downloaded. It could be that the package you have might be H2/Neo instead of PostgreSQL persistence provider. Ideally, you should have the .bat & .sh database setup scripts with every PostgreSQL ThingWorx packages.

-Durgesh

Elekta
4-Participant
(To:dupatel)

I have downloaded the "Thingworx-Foundation-8-2-1.zip" and it does not contain the .bat files.

The folder "MED-61182-CD-082_SP1_Thingworx-Platform-H2-8-2-1" inside the zip contains only one file "Thingworx.war".

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@ElektaThe package downloaded is H2 persistence provided instead of PostgreSQL.

MED-61182-CD-082_SP1_Thingworx-Platform-H2-8-2-1

Could you please share the location or screenshot of place from where you are downloading the software.

If you want to use H2 as persistence provider then you actually do not need .bat file.

-Durgesh

Elekta
4-Participant
(To:dupatel)

Thanks, I downloaded the package from the following link.

https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/downloads/foundation-trial-edition

If my understanding is correct, H2 is thingworx flat file database, please confirm. 

Also I will be evaluating the database options as well, so where can I download the thingworx package along with ProgresSQL and MSSQL?

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@Elekta Yes, H2 is embedded, in-memory database used with ThingWorx as one of the persistence provided. Other database which are supportable - PostgreSQL, MSSQL,Cassandra.

For Trial edition, I believe we only provide H2 and other database can be downloaded using PTC Software download site.

Top Tags