cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

unable to connect to license server

rodolfocorral
8-Gravel

unable to connect to license server

Hello!

I have reinstalled thingworx in a new server and i am getting the following errors trying to get the license:

2018-08-29 16:17:51.742+0000 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.s.Subsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Starting Subsystem [LicensingSubsystem]
2018-08-29 16:18:52.293+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingStateMachine] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Unable to retrieve license from FNO server because Read timed out
2018-08-29 16:18:52.308+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingStateMachine] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Unable to connect to the PTC license server. Please make sure the LicensingConnectionSettings settings in the platform-settings.json in the ThingworxPlatform directory are correct. If your server is not connected to the internet please use the request file licenseRequestFile.txt created in the ThingworxPlatform directory to do a manual install of the license

I am using the connected licensing by using credentials in the platform-settings file, I checked my credentials in the PTC site and they are working good, but for some reason is not getting the license to start the application

Any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi Rudolfo.

For the sake of others on the community, this issue was the result of the numerous entitlements held with your company which resulted in the fno server on the License Management portal timing out before the license could be generated.  The timeout issue is currently being addressed by our internal teams.

If you are satisfied with the resolution of this issue, please mark this reply as the Accepted Solution in order to close out this topic.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Rodolfo.

We will need to open a case for this issue that will ultimately require us to create the license on your behalf.  Once I get the case open, I will communicate with you through the case for the additional information that will be required.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi Rudolfo.

For the sake of others on the community, this issue was the result of the numerous entitlements held with your company which resulted in the fno server on the License Management portal timing out before the license could be generated.   To circumvent the issue, it was necessary to open a support case for collecting the ThingWorx version and Device ID so the license file could be generated manually.

The timeout issue is currently being addressed by our internal teams.

If you are satisfied with the resolution of this issue, please mark this reply as the Accepted Solution in order to close out this topic.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi Rudolfo.

For the sake of others on the community, this issue was the result of the numerous entitlements held with your company which resulted in the fno server on the License Management portal timing out before the license could be generated.  The timeout issue is currently being addressed by our internal teams.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags