cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Getting error while adding custom app in ptc navigate

bjadhav
6-Contributor

Getting error while adding custom app in ptc navigate

I am getting error Exception executing service,GetAppCollection.This service is returning null value.

Here is the snippet.

@Override

public InfoTable GetAppCollections() throws Exception {

InfoTable consolidatedAppCollections = InfoTableInstanceFactory.createInfoTableFromDataShape((String)"PTC.NavigateApps.CollectionDataShape");

this.appCollectionsConsolidator.addAppCollectionRow(consolidatedAppCollections, "Product Configurator", null,null,TagLink.valueOf(VOCAB_PTC, VIEW_PR), 200);

return consolidatedAppCollections;

}

2 REPLIES 2

Hi balkrishna,

I have added a custom app to the landing page by using 'NewApp' thing in the composer. Go to the home mashup of the thing and just add the name of the app and select the mashup for the app and click save. You can see the app in the landing page. Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Saran

kbuss
6-Contributor
(To:bjadhav)

Hi Balkrishna,

Are you using PTC Navigate 1.3?

One thing I recognized is that for the TagLink parameter of addAppCollectionRow() you have to give the ModelTag of your app collection to identify it. If you declared VOCAB_PTC and VIEW_PR as class variables, ignore this post

E.g. if your ModelTag is: Vocabulary:Term

your parameter would be: TagLink.valueOf("Vocabulary","Term")  so replace VOCAB_PTC and VIEW_PR in TagLink.valueOf(VOCAB_PTC, VIEW_PTC) with yout ModelTag.

Hope this helps.

Keijo

Top Tags