cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

When Unable to update data shape: Could not find DataShape [XX-DS] in the model index.

AP_10343008
13-Aquamarine

When Unable to update data shape: Could not find DataShape [XX-DS] in the model index.

When I tried to import Entities.twx file in Y server which contains newly created 6 entities, it throwed following error. Invalid request: java.lang.Exception: Import Failed: Unable to update data shape: Could not find DataShape [XX-DS] in the model index.

After seeing the error while importing , I attempted to create datashape directly in Y server. But It showed ‘The name of the entity is not unique.’. But I couldnt find this datashape entity in Y server also.

We restarted Apache and database services, still same error is occurring.

1 REPLY 1

@AP_10343008 , When you export entities from ThingWorx you are offered 2 formats. TWX which is binary and XML. Which is text based. The advantage of the XML format is that you can open with a text editor (i.e. notepad++). This is useful when you are getting unexpected elements. You can review the file and determine what action is requiring a structure. 
You also have the option of exporting a project which can include multiple element types (Things and DataShapes, etc)
Because you have imported items a restart of ThingWorx can address some issues. Did you also restart the Browser?
Have you reviewed the logs for any error messages? You can also go in the composer to Monitoring -> Logs and configure the log level. If you set log level to ALL it will have more messages in the logs. BE AWARE that you need to reset this value after your testing or you will consume a lot of log space.

HTH
Pehowe

Top Tags