Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vuforia Chalk New Release Announcement v2.8.1

Peridot

Vuforia Chalk New Release Announcement v2.8.1

Vuforia Chalk is now available on Desktop! Chalk for Desktop makes it quick and easy for Experts to participate in remote assistance from a browser-based application. Once connected, Experts can view the technician’s environment and draw annotations using their mouse, all from a desktop computer, laptop or tablet with a compatible browser, no software download or installation necessary. 

Chalk for Desktop can be accessed from connect.vuforia.com. The web-based application is compatible with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers.

image.png

Initiating sessions from the browser application requires a Host license, however anyone can join a session from a desktop if they have been given a Connect Code. Sessions cannot be conducted between two browser-based users as one user must be sharing their view on an AR enabled mobile device (Apple or Android).

image.png

If you currently have a Chalk User license and would like to upgrade to a Host license, please contact your sales rep. If you do not have Vuforia Chalk and would like a trial, please request an evaluation at chalk.vuforia.com.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Vuforia Chalk New Release Announcement v2.8.1

Great news.

But sadly logging in to https://connect.vuforia.com fails for me and my colleagues. We have enabled SSO configuration with Azure Active Directory for Chalk. This seems to be the problem. 

pjahn_0-1580792832490.png

Does anyone know how to solve this in combination with keeping the SSO configuration?

Highlighted

Hi @pjahn -- couple of questions:

1. Did we help a few months ago enable SSO for your account?
  2. Does your SSO configuration working when attempting to sign-in to our Admin Center (https://admin.vuforiachalk.com)?

Also, it may be easier for us to talk direct to help us confirm the issue and troubleshoot quicker. Can you send me a direct message with your email and I can contact you.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Hitomi
Product
Highlighted

1. Yes. This you helped us with that about 1 year ago.
2. Yes. SSO configuration still works with https://admin.vuforiachalk.com

You have a direct message.
Thank you.
Highlighted

Please, 

Can you pos a step by step on how to perform SSO configuration?

Highlighted

SSO is still in the beta phase. We use Azure Active Directory as an identity provider. On the list of PTC are Okta, Ping, ADFS. With the support of PTC, however, configuration was also possible with Azure AD. Since PTC employees had to adjust the configuration in the backend of our Chalk Tenant as well, I can't provide any instructions for this. But I can provide at least a screenshot of the configuration of the Enterprise App in Azure AD.

chalk_azure_ad.png

Highlighted

thank you for the explanation. do you know how to host a call?

Highlighted

Highlighted

I have access admin center but, not have access a host.
how to solve this case?

Highlighted

Paulons,

We are investigating your no-hosts issue and will come back to you soon.

-Liz

Announcements
Topics available:
AR/VR for Data Optimization AR/VR for Security and Control AR/VR for Inspection