cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to transfer an Experience file

dmforbes
12-Amethyst

How to transfer an Experience file

how could an OEM, or any company, create a VEC experience, and then transfer it to another company, that also has a subscription?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dmforbes
12-Amethyst
(To:tmccombie)

you are correct in saying, I want to transfer the file to another organization entirely.  if an end user has EC, and a machine builder creates a training, how can this OEM transfer the file(s) to the end user.

IF the OEM simply gives the end user access, the OEM will use up its user list quickly.  and IF a customer has EC, why not allow them to own the file?

i have figured out, to export the experience in a document form, to get the written words and steps, and then download the video and picture files, and then the end user can recreate the full experience if needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @dmforbes 

Can you provide some additional details on the desired outcome? Are you looking for the ability to export the procedure from Editor and import it into a different organization or are you simply looking for the ability for a different organization to be able to view a published procedure? 

dmforbes
12-Amethyst
(To:tmccombie)

you are correct in saying, I want to transfer the file to another organization entirely.  if an end user has EC, and a machine builder creates a training, how can this OEM transfer the file(s) to the end user.

IF the OEM simply gives the end user access, the OEM will use up its user list quickly.  and IF a customer has EC, why not allow them to own the file?

i have figured out, to export the experience in a document form, to get the written words and steps, and then download the video and picture files, and then the end user can recreate the full experience if needed.

Top Tags